APTA is pleased to offer several scholarship opportunities to members.
The deadline for applications is July 15. All scholarships will be awarded at the annual APTA Conference banquet.
Applications for the following five scholarships will be reviewed in complete confidentiality by a highly qualified third-party judge. These scholarships will only be awarded once per individual.
- Alberta Nerbas Memorial Scholarship for First-Time Conference attendee ($245)
- Artisan Table Full Conference Scholarship (app. $425)
- Long & McQuade Scholarship for Continuing Education ($300)
- Long & McQuade Music Scholarship ($200)
- Piano Centre (Steinway & Sons) Performance Scholarship ($300)
Application Deadline: July 15
The following scholarships are available to all APTA members and are awarded on the basis of marks obtained in exams written with Conservatory Canada, the Royal Conservatory of Music or the Canadian National Conservatory of Music within the twelve months prior to the application deadline.
- Dale Wheeler/Ethel Huber History Scholarship ($150)
Dr. Dale Wheeler and APTA member Ethel Huber are offering a $150 scholarship for the highest exam mark (minimum 90%) in History.
- Michele Tamtom/Anonymous Theory Scholarship ($200)
Michelle Tamtom and an anonymous donor are offering a $200 scholarship for the highest exam mark (minimum 80%) in Harmon, Counterpoint, or Analysis.
- Veronica Weber Advanced Practical Exam Scholarship ($150)
This scholarship is awarded for the highest exam mark in a grade 9, 10, ARCT Conservatory Canada, Royal Conservatory of Music, or Canadian National Conservatory of Music practical exam.
- APTA Written Pedagogy Scholarship ($150)
APTA is offering a $150 scholarship for the highest exam mark in a Written Pedagogy exam (minimum 80%).
- APTA Viva Voce Scholarship ($150)
APTA is offering a $150 scholarship for the highest mark in the Viva Voce part of the Teacher’s exam (minimum 80%).
To apply for these scholarships, submit a copy of official exam results (Summer, Winter or Spring sessions) along with a cover letter with a brief bio of the applicant. This information is to be used for the presentation of scholarships at the conference should you be successful. Applications for adjudicated scholarships must be submitted by mail. Mark based scholarships can be submitted either through e-mail or mail.
All Scholarship applications should be mailed to:
Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0
Ph: (403) 618.8340