APTA is pleased to offer several scholarship opportunities to members* to encourage and reward continuing education.
The application deadline for all scholarships is July 15, 2021. Scholarships are usually presented at the conference banquet, but given the cancellation of an in-person conference due to the pandemic, another method will be chosen this year to celebrate the accomplishments of our members.
Applications for the following five scholarships will be reviewed in complete confidentiality by a highly qualified third-party judge. These scholarships will only be awarded once per individual.
- Alberta Nerbas Memorial Scholarship for First-Time Conference attendee ($245) – NOT TO BE AWARDED IN 2021
- Artisan Table Full Conference Scholarship (app. $425) – NOT TO BE AWARDED IN 2021
- Long & McQuade Scholarship for Continuing Education ($300)
- Long & McQuade Music Scholarship ($200)
- Piano Centre (Steinway & Sons) Performance Scholarship ($300)
The following scholarships are available to all APTA members* and are awarded on the basis of marks taken in exams with Conservatory Canada, the Royal Conservatory of Music or the Canadian National Conservatory of Music within the twelve months prior to the application deadline.
- Dale Wheeler/Ethel Huber History Scholarship ($150)
Dr. Dale Wheeler and APTA member Ethel Huber are offering a $150 scholarship for the highest exam mark (minimum 90%) in History.
- Michele Tamtom Advanced Theory Scholarship ($200)
Michelle Tamtom is offering a $200 scholarship for the highest exam mark (minimum 80%) in Harmony, Counterpoint, or Analysis.
- Veronica Weber Advanced Practical Exam Scholarship ($150)
This scholarship is awarded for the highest exam mark in a grade 9, 10, ARCT Conservatory Canada, Royal Conservatory of Music, or Canadian National Conservatory of Music practical exam (minimum 80%).
- APTA Written Pedagogy Scholarship ($150)
APTA is offering a $150 scholarship for the highest exam mark in a Written Pedagogy exam (minimum 80%).
- APTA Viva Voce Scholarship ($150)
APTA is offering a $150 scholarship for the highest mark in the Viva Voce part of the Teacher’s exam (minimum 80%).
To apply for these scholarships, submit by mail or email:
– A cover letter with your contact information including mailing and email address;
– A brief biography. For the successful candidate, this information will be used for the scholarship presentation at conference and the newsletter write up;
– A copy of the official exam results within a 12 month period (summer, winter or spring ). Acceptable forms are an official exam .pdf, a screenshot of the mark from an official website, or any other verification the examining board can provide.
*Scholarships are awarded to members, not students of APTA members.
All Scholarship applications should be mailed to:
Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0
Ph: (403) 618.8340